Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
STUDENT HEALTH PLAN
2015-2016 Academic Year
Before You Begin Making Your Insurance Decision
You will need to complete either the online Waiver Form or Enrollment Form in order to notify the school of your insurance decision. Before making the decision to waive this Student Health Plan, make sure your current health insurance plan will provide you with adequate coverage while you’re at school.
Before waiving, you should review your current policy to be sure that it provides comparable coverage. In addition to reviewing the Massachusetts state regulations (www.mahealthconnector.org), consider the following questions prior to waiving inclusion in the Student Health Plan:
- Will your current plan cover medical care beyond emergency services (i.e. doctor’s office visits; diagnostic testing, labs & x-rays; and prescription drugs) in the Hamilton, MA or Boston, MA area?
- Does your plan have a high deductible that must first be met before your plan will pay for services received?
- Does your health plan have doctors and hospitals in the Hamilton, MA or Boston, MA area?
- If you are able to receive care, will you have to pay upfront and then seek reimbursement?
- Does your current plan provide coverage from September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016?
If you’re confident that your current health insurance plan meets or exceeds the benefits available through the Student Health Plan, you can waive enrollment in the student insurance plan by providing proof of comparable coverage. To show proof of comparable coverage, please complete the online Waiver Form.
In order to waive coverage make sure you have a copy of your current health insurance card, as this card contains the information you’ll need in order to waive the insurance plan:
- Name of your Insurance Company
- Address of your Insurance Company
- Telephone Number (please provide the customer service number if available)
- Group and/or Policyholder Number
- Name of Policyholder
- Policyholder’s ID Number
- Expiration Date, if any
Notice to Students Who Are Not Waiving:
Complete the online Enrollment form to expedite the processing of your insurance plan and to elect coverage for your dependents.