Insurance Options for Graduating Students and/or Dependents

The Trinity College Student Health Plan policy year ends on August 14, 2015.
Take action to secure health insurance coverage for August 15, 2015.*

* If your coverage does not run through the end of the Student Health Plan policy year, you may need to secure other health insurance coverage before the date noted above. Please contact University Health Plans at 800-437-6448 or if you are unsure of your Student Health Plan termination date.

Below are links to information that may be helpful to consider before choosing a plan:


The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act signed into law in March 2010 requires private insurers that offer dependent coverage to children to allow young adults up to age 26 to remain on their parent’s insurance plan. Regulations specify that a young adult can qualify for this coverage even if he or she is no longer living with a parent, is not a dependent on a parent’s tax return, or is no longer a student. Both married and unmarried young adults can qualify for the dependent coverage extension, although that coverage does not extend to a young adult’s spouse or children.

Please have your parent speak with their company’s human resources department or employee benefits coordinator to inquire about your eligibility as a dependent on the plan, benefits that would be provided to you, process for electing coverage, and enrollment deadlines that may apply.



If you are not eligible as a dependent on your parent’s plan or would like to find other coverage, you click on the link below to find information about obtaining an individual plan. The following website gives you the ability to view various individual plans available to you based on the state in which you reside. For example, Connecticut residents will find information about available individual plans from Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, ConnectiCare, Celtic Life, Golden Rule and Aetna. Be advised that health insurance plans are regulated by state laws and not all state policies are the same.




It may take you several weeks to find the plan that is right for you and complete the enrollment process, so begin your search now. Also, you may need to obtain a letter or certificate indicating the termination date of your Trinity College Student Health Plan in order to apply for other coverage. Please contact University Health Plans at or 800-437-6448 to request this document—one will not be sent to you automatically.