To University Health Plans Customers…
How do we protect the confidentiality and security of your information?
We use physical and technical safeguards to protect your information. We restrict access to your information to those who need it to perform their jobs. Third-party business partners are bound by law to use the information only for our purposes. They may not disclose it or use it in any other way. We comply with all data security laws.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We collect personal information about you from different sources.
- We collect information you send us on applications and forms.
- We collect information from your transactions with us or claim administrators.
- Based on the product or services requested, we may collect information from a medical provider.
What types of information do we disclose and to whom?
We do not sell your information to anyone. We may disclose this information to a business that carries out services for us. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information for a legal or regulatory purpose. These include the following types of information.
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This may include your name, address, beneficiaries, Social Security number, and family member information.
- This may include information from your transactions with us. It may also include premium paid, claims, and purchase method.
- This may include information we receive from other reporting agencies. It may include, medical data and loss history reports.
We do not sell your personal information. We do not share it, except for the reasons described above.
How do we use your medical information?
We sometimes must collect medical information to provide you a product or to help in the claim administration process. We do not use or share it, internally or externally, for any purpose except the following:
- underwriting insurance,
- administrating your policy, account, or claim,
- as required or permitted by law, or
- as otherwise authorized by you.