New York School of Interior Design
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
2023-2024 Academic Year
The New York School of Interior Design requires all undergraduate and graduate students taking 9 or more credits to be covered by a health insurance plan. Students in Distance Learning programs (BIDD, AASD, BFAD, MPSSD - no courses on campus) programs are not eligible for the plan.
Any student who does not complete a waiver form will be automatically enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan, arranged by the college and administered through University Health Plans. Due to the rising cost of health insurance, please review the Summary of Benefits carefully for the 2023-2024 plan year.
Students can download an online insurance ID card via the link in the navigation menu. A brochure outlining the benefits may be found by clicking on the brochure link. Students who are enrolled in this plan will be billed for the coverage.
2023-2024 Annual Student Plan Rate:
2023-2024 Spring Student Plan Rate:
*an administrative fee is included for system processing and platform management
Any student who already has a health insurance plan that is comparable to the Student Health Insurance Plan offered by the school may choose to waive this coverage. Please be sure that services covered by your current health insurance plan are reasonably accessible in the NYSID area and include lab work, prescription drugs, outpatient hospital services, emergency room care, and hospitalization. The deadline to complete the Spring 2024 waiver form is March 14, 2024.
In order to waive coverage, you must login to the NYSID portal:
Click on the student tab, locate “Health Insurance Waiver” and click on the link. You will need a copy of your current health insurance card, as this card contains the information you will need to complete the waiver form. You will receive a confirmation once you have successfully completed the waiver or enrollment process. Please retain this information. If you do not receive a confirmation, you will need to correct any errors and re-submit the information.
- Any student who does not submit a waiver form before 03/14/2024 will automatically be enrolled and charged for the full cost of the spring plan. Waivers will not be accepted after this date.
- No exceptions or refunds will be granted.
- If a student’s number of credits drops below 9 after 03/14/2024 they will still be responsible for the full cost of the Spring premium of $1,886. If any student enrolled in the plan submits a claim to Wellfleet prior to the deadline date and submits a waiver, the waiver will be cancelled and the student will be responsible for the spring premium of $1,886.
- If you drop below 9 credits after the waiver deadline you will still be responsible for the full cost of the plan.
- If you drop below 9 credits prior to the waiver deadline you will no longer be eligible and any claims paid will be retracted.
If you have any questions about the insurance plan please call University Health Plans at 1-800-437-6448. If you have questions about the premium that will be charged to your bill, please contact the Bursar Office at 212-472-1500, extension 218.