Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
2019-2020 Policy Year
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) COVID-19 Coverage Updates:
Effective March 7, 2020, BCBSMA is:
- Covering the full cost of diagnostic tests for COVID-19. Students will have no copay, co-insurance or deductible for these tests.
- Waiving co-pays for medically necessary COVID-19 treatment at doctor’s offices, emergency rooms, and urgent care centers.
- Waiving co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles for telehealth benefits (Well Connection) for the screening, evaluation, diagnosis and/or suggested treatment of COVID-19. Telehealth offers convenience as well as the opportunity to avoid potential exposure to contagion. For additional information about telehealth benefits, please visit: https://myblue.bluecrossma.com/health-plan/well-connection
- Staffing a dedicated helpline (888-372-1970) for all COVID-19 related inquiries.
Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology students enrolled in 9 credits or more are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA Student Health Insurance Plan. Details about the Student Health Insurance Plan can be found by selecting “Benefit Information” on the left hand side of this page. The annual premium for coverage effective August 28, 2019 through August 27, 2020 is $1,891 and the spring premium, for new spring students only, for coverage effective January 18, 2019 through August 27, 2019 is $1,185.
If you are currently insured by a health insurance plan that provides you with comparable coverage to the Student Health Insurance Plan then you may waive enrollment. However, please note the following:
- Not all plans provide comprehensive coverage in the Boston area such as out-of-state Medicaid plans, and certain HMOs and managed care plans. Be sure to check with your insurance company before waiving.
- Mass Health is accepted, but Mass Health Limited, Health Safety Net, and Children’s Medical Security Plans are not considered comparable to the Student Health Insurance Plan
- If your comparable plan will end before 8/27/20, while you are in school, you must either enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan within 60 days of your other plan’s end date, or find comparable coverage elsewhere.
To WAIVE the Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2019-2020 policy year click on “Waiver Form” on the left hand side of this page, complete all required information and click submit.
DEADLINE TO SUMBIT THE SPRING WAIVER FORM IS FEBRUARY 14, 2020