Worcester State University
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
2020-2021 Academic Year
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) COVID-19 Coverage Updates:
Effective March 7, 2020, BCBSMA is:
- Covering the full cost of diagnostic tests for COVID-19. Students will have no copay, co-insurance or deductible for these tests.
- Waiving co-pays for medically necessary COVID-19 treatment at doctor’s offices, emergency rooms, and urgent care centers.
- Waiving co-pays, co-insurance and deductibles for telehealth benefits (Well Connection) for the screening, evaluation, diagnosis and/or suggested treatment of COVID-19. Telehealth offers convenience as well as the opportunity to avoid potential exposure to contagion. For additional information about telehealth benefits, please visit: https://myblue.bluecrossma.com/health-plan/well-connection
- Staffing a dedicated helpline (888-372-1970) for all COVID-19 related inquiries.
||All WSU Full-time, Graduate and Undergraduate Students
||Julie Kazarian, Dean of Students/Chief Student Affairs Officer
||Student Health Insurance Program
To comply with State law, all students taking at least ¾ of a full-time course load MUST either waive out of or enroll in the Worcester State University Student Health Insurance Plan online by doing the following:
- WAIVE out of the Worcester State University Student Health Insurance Plan online by clicking on the "Waiver Form" link on the left side of this page. You will be asked to provide information on your insurance coverage. To be eligible to waive out of the Plan, you must be currently enrolled in a health insurance plan with comparable coverage either as a dependent (on a parent's or spouse's plan), or through a plan you have at your place of employment or have purchased yourself. This will result in a credit reflected on your student account as Waiver Health Insurance $3,306.
- ENROLL in the Worcester State University Student Health Insurance Plan online by clicking the "Enrollment Form" link on the left side of this page. You will be charged $3,306 for the insurance on your student account for the academic year 2020-2021. By submitting the online enrollment form, you confirm your acceptance of the plan. Your name will be submitted for your insurance card once it is determined that you either have sufficient financial aid to cover your bill, you have enrolled in a payment plan or you have paid your bill in full or any combination of these. You may review the plan benefits by clicking on the "Benefit Information" link on the left of this page.
IMPORTANT: All Students registered for at least three quarters of a full-time course load MUST go online and either WAIVE out of or ENROLL in the Student Health Plan by SEPTEMBER 30, 2020. A Waiver or Enrollment Form must be submitted each academic year.
The Worcester State University Student Health Insurance Plan is provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield and administered by University Health Plans. The premium for 2020-2021 academic year is $3,306 for coverage from August 1, 2020 to July 31, 2021. The premium for the spring only plan for new incoming spring students is $1,935 and is effective January 1, 2021, through July 31, 2021. All students MUST enroll in or waive the insurance. The fall deadline is September 30, 2020 and the spring deadline is February 28, 2021.
Questions should be directed as follows:
On-Line Waiver/Enrollment Process
|University Health Plans, Inc.
|Tuition and Fees
||W.S.U. Bursar's Office
||W.S.U. Health Service Office
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Summer Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
(Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday only)
We look forward to seeing you in the fall.