SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
2020-2021 Policy Year Waiver Form
(August 25, 2020 - August 24, 2021)
- The policy must be a US health insurance plan that is filed and approved in the United States
I confirm that I have a current health insurance plan that includes coverage for:
- Office visits
- Prescription drugs
- Routine physical exams
- Hospitalization, and emergency services.
- Injuries (resulting from accidents)
- Inpatient and Outpatient Mental/Behavioral Health Care
- My current health insurance plan is not a short-term limited duration travel plan only.
- My current health insurance plan offers an unlimited maximum benefit for coverage of necessary medical expenses each policy year.
- My current health insurance plan includes a nationwide network of Preferred Providers, guaranteeing acceptance of my insurance plan, especially within the New York City area.
- My current health insurance plan provides coverage anywhere in the world, including medical evacuation, repatriation, and travel assistance services while I am away from campus for academics, research, work, or vacation.
- My current health insurance plan does not limit my coverage to emergency conditions only while in the area of the School of Visual Arts campus, but provides all of the coverage described in #2 above while in the area of the School of Visual Arts campus.
By submitting the online waiver form, I acknowledge that I am legally responsible for any and all medical expenses I incur during the 2020-2021 policy year and that neither SVA nor its Student Health Insurance Plan will be held responsible for any of my medical expenses once I waive coverage. I certify that I have comparable health insurance coverage which meets or exceeds SVA’s requirements as outlined above and which will be in force until August 24, 2021.
THE WAIVER DEADLINE FOR THE 2020-2021 POLICY YEAR IS NOVEMBER 1, 2020.
TO CONTINUE THE WAIVER PROCESS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW: