STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
New Spring Student Waiver Form
2022-2023 Academic Year
Before waiving, review your current policy to ensure it meets the waiver requirements and will meet your insurance needs while attending Post University.
Your plan must:
- Be filed and approved in the US and compliant with the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Provide all essential health benefits including; preventive and non-urgent medical care, prescription drugs, hospitalization, lab work, diagnostic x-rays and testing, mental health, and substance abuse treatment.
- Provide insured benefits in the geographical area surrounding the campus. Access to urgent or emergency-only benefits does satisfy the waiver requirements.
- Note: Students approved to study 100% remotely are permitted to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan but they must have comparable coverage in the area they are living.
In addition to the benefits above, you should consider the following:
- Does your plan's provider network have doctors and hospitals near the campus or will you be using out-of-network benefits?
- Have you compared the out-of-pocket cost of your plan's in and/or out-of-network benefits to the SHIP?
- Have you compared the total cost of your private plan's premium to the cost of the SHIP premium?
- Does your plan require referrals? Will your plan refer you to providers near the campus?
TO CONTINUE THE WAIVER PROCESS, PLEASE FILL OUT THE REQUIRED FIELDS BELOW:
Your student ID is 9 digits - including any leading zero or letter