STUDENT ACCIDENT & SICKNESS INSURANCE PROGRAM
FOR THE 2016-2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
Dear Washington College Students and Parents:
All full-time students enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours will be automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and the annual premium will be included on the student’s fall semester tuition bill unless a waiver of coverage, along with proof of comparable coverage, is submitted by the following deadlines (see below for waiver process):
- Fall 2016 Semester - July 15, 2016
- New incoming students in the Spring 2017 semester - January 15, 2017
If you want to confirm your acceptance of the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and expedite the processing of your insurance card, you should complete an online Enrollment Form by visiting www.universityhealthplans.com, clicking on “Washington College” and then “Enrollment Form”. Same deadline dates as listed above.
|Annual Premium:||$1,338 (8/15/16-8/14/17)|
|Spring Premium:||$777 (1/15/17-8/14/17)|
YOUR 2016-17 WASHINGTON COLLEGE STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN HAS CHANGED.
- Coverage is now underwritten by National Guardian Life Insurance Company
- Coverage is effective 8/15/16 - 8/14/17
- The Plan Brochure providing an outline of coverage will be available to view or download at www.universityhealthplans.com, select Washington College, and then select the “Benefit Information” tab to the left of the screen.
To assist you in making an informed decision regarding your health insurance needs, below are a couple of questions to ask your current health plan representative to ensure that it provides adequate coverage while you attend Washington College:
- Does the plan provide coverage while in the Chestertown, MD area? Many HMO plans provide coverage only for emergency or limited treatment outside of the HMO area.
- Does the plan provide coverage anywhere in the world, including emergency medical evacuation and repatriation benefits? Many employer-sponsored plans provide coverage only in the United States, and most do not include any evacuation or repatriation benefits.
If you have alternate, comparable insurance coverage you may waive coverage under the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. If you successfully waive out of the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan, you will not be charged for the premium on your tuition bill. Simply follow the waiver process below:
- Visit www.universityhealthplans.com.
- Click on “Washington College”.
- Select the “Student Health Insurance Plan” option.
- Click on the “Waiver Form” button to the left.
- Fill in all the required information – if any information is missing, your waiver will NOT be accepted.
- Submit the Waiver Form. If your waiver form is successfully submitted, you will see a page containing your confirmation number. Please be sure to print this page for your records. In addition, an email containing your confirmation number will be sent to the email address you provided on the waiver form.
Please note: If you do not reach a confirmation page, your waiver form was not properly submitted. Please fill it out again and resubmit. If you still do not reach a confirmation page, contact University Health Plans via email at email@example.com or by toll-free phone at (800) 437-6448. Once the waiver form is successfully submitted and accepted, the school will remove the charge from your tuition bill. However, if your submitted waiver form is denied, Washington College will notify you of the denial.
Failure to complete the online waiver form by the fall semester deadline of July 15, 2016 will result in your automatic purchase of the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2016-2017 academic year. There will be no allowance for a late waiver submission or premium refund. Please note that you will be required to complete a new waiver for each academic year you attend Washington College.
We encourage you to read and familiarize yourself with the Student Health Insurance Plan brochure. If you have any questions regarding the insurance plan or the waiver process, please contact University Health Plans at 1.800.437.6448.
This is a brief description of benefits and not a certificate of coverage. If there is a discrepancy between the information contained herein and the Policy, the Policy will prevail. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Guardian Life Insurance Company.