Bridgewater State University
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN
2016-2017 Academic Year
Welcome to the Bridgewater State University Student Health Insurance Plan On-Line Waiver/Enrollment System.
On this site you can find links to the Student Health and Sickness Insurance Plan Brochure, Provider Search, On-Line Waiver Form and On-Line Enrollment Form. You can access the Waiver Form or Enrollment Form by clicking on the appropriate box on the left. However, it is VERY important that you review the information below before proceeding to the Waiver Form.
Full time or three-quarter time students (graduate and undergraduate) at Bridgewater State University, who are enrolled in a health care plan or who are covered by a parent/spouse’s health care plan, which meets the minimums set forth in Massachusetts Law C.15A, s. 18 (available at www.mahealthconnector.org), use the Waiver Form found on this site to waive for the 2015-2016 Student Health Insurance Plan. The Student Health Plan for the 2016-2017 Policy Year is through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. The premium is $2,511 for the 2016-2017 Policy Year and the policy is in effect from August 1, 2016, until July 31, 2017. The premium for the Spring Only plan is $1,471 and is effective from January 1, 2016, through July 31, 2017.
Bridgewater State University does not allow the following classes of students to waive off the QSHIP plan. If the student falls under one of the following categories they are ineligible for waiver and will be automatically enrolled:
- student with coverage from insurance carriers outside the U.S. and/or coverage by foreign National Health Services programs;
- students with a health insurance plan that provides coverage through a closed network of providers not reasonably assessable in the area where the student attends school, for all but emergency services; or
- students with a Health Safety Net, MassHealth Limited, or Children’s Medical Security Plan.
If you are covered by MassHealth (other than Health Safety Net, MassHealth Limited, or Children’s Medical Security Plan), you may be eligible to enroll in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) and have the premium paid by MassHealth Premium Assistance. To see if you’re eligible, select the Waiver Form or Enrollment Form link and follow the prompts.
Please note, in addition, the following students are not eligible to use this on-line waiver system:
- Undergraduate students taking less than 9 credits are not eligible for BSU Student Health Insurance and therefore need not waive.
- Graduate students taking less than 7 credits are not eligible for BSU Student Health Insurance and therefore need not waive.
Very specific information is necessary to complete a waiver. Please be sure that you know the answers to the following questions, BEFORE LOGGING IN. Please consult your insurance company if you do not know the answers to these questions. [For example, the insurer’s address is required. Some companies do not list an address on their membership card.]
- Does your plan provide coverage for medically necessary care in the Bridgewater area, and out of state?
- Does your insurance provide coverage for the entire academic year without restriction?
- Does your plan provide coverage with no maximum benefit?
- Does your plan provide comprehensive health care which includes primary and preventive care, hospitalization, surgical services, ambulatory patient services, emergency services?
- Does your plan include mental health services which meet at least the minimum required by Massachusetts law?
- Does your plan provide coverage for pre-existing illnesses?
- Your plan may not be Health Saftey Net, MassHealth Limited, or Children’s Medical Security Plan.
Bridgewater State University